Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lunches



Quinoa Salad

This is my first time ever using Quinoa. It certainly kept me full up till dinner time but I think I prefer Buck Wheat.

1/2 cup Quinoa
1/2 cucumber; deseeded, diced
2 tomaotes; deseeded, diced
Handful Chives, chopped
Handful Curly Parsley, chopped
Block of Haloumi
Handful of roast sunflower seeds
1/2 Butternut squash
1 lime

- Cut the Squash into chuncks, splash some olive oil on it and a sprinkling of chilli flakes and roast in the oven (180) for about 30 minutes.
- While thats roasting away, chop up the Haloumi into smaller chunks and saute it, so you have nice and crispy Haloumi bites!
- Meanwhile rinse the Quinoa and put into a pot with a cup of water and bring to the boil. It's done when the beads go transulcent and sprout. It took mine about 10 minutes and I drained off the excess water.
- Toss everything together with the zest of a lime. For the dressing I drizzle olive oil and lime juice over it.
- I also throw a handful of rocket on top of it in my lunch box!


(BTW- When I say cup I mean the American standard cup sizes. You can buy these almost everywhere nowadays. They make life a lot easier because theres no fiddly measuring out. If memory serves me correctly I bought my set in TK Maxx for around 8Euro and they're stainless steel.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10